Thursday, January 25, 2018

Week 15: You got a golden ticket (actually, half of a golden ticket)!!!!!!

You ALL did an EXCELLENT job at Parent Night!
Your leadership advice was spot on!  Your activity blurbs were entertaining (especially Paige's!). I heard quite a bit of hoot and hollars from the crowd.  THANK YOU for doing such an amazing job with so little prep time!  The only failure was myself!  I forgot to let Ethan start with his leadership quote.  I'm the worst!  Sorry, Ethan.  
But on a happy note, you all received the first half of your golden ticket!  Mrs. Schmieder and I are making magnificent plans for you...so keep working!!!  This semester is going to be BUSY!!!

Our class time on Thursday started with Noah's Leader in the News.  I wish he would've been there to deliver the info to us.
Next, Gabriel and Hannah delivered their book presentations.
Gabriel taught us how to handle our Huns and come back from defeat.  Being able to accept failure and turn it into something positive is one of the best skills we can have as leaders!  Everything should NOT be a WIN, but you can make the losses into learning experiences.

Hannah challenged us to find our element or elements!
I love that this can be a lifelong pursuit.  You are never too old to find your element.
I'm pretty sure that I'm still looking.

Coming up we have MORE BOOK PRESENTATIONS!!

Here is the schedule as I know it to be:

February 1 - Taylor Miller, Ethan Riggle

February 8 - Tillie Blanchard, Paige Preece, Spencer Bullock

February 15 - Noah Giovingo, Ethan Hellyer, Benjamin Poyer


--Tillie will be leading our Valentine's Day Exchange.  She did a great job putting you all to work.  I hope you wrote down your assignments.  I know I have to purchase white bags.  What will you be doing?

--We have one more week to sell our Valentine candy grams!!  Make it count!  Also, next week during class you will have to figure out your delivery game plan!!  This includes coming up with your delivery route and your song and dance routine.  Bring those tap shoes if you have them.: )

Next week get ready for some intense planning!!
Bring your ideas for your assigned activities!!  Bring your calendars!  We are going to get A LOT accomplished!!

Thank you for all your hard work!  I hope you had a great week off from FILA.  I'll see you next semester.

-Mrs. Poyer

PS - I hope you attend our ice-skating meet-up

PSS - This semester Benjamin will be joining us!  I'm so excited.  I don't get to spend nearly enough time with him. : )



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment